Friday 11 September 2009

Wiggo to ride a bike next year - official

After much twittering and frowning I can exclusivity reveal that Brad 'Wiggo' Wiggins will spend next year riding a bike. Er, that's about it I'm afraid, sorry.
But lets be honest I'm not losing sleep over it, I only tell you this because it seems that some people are, and if your one of them, never mind, I'm off to the life shop soon, I'll make sure I pick one up for you.

Are you ready for the Shack?

Personally I couldn't give a toss one way or the other. Teams come and go and the only thing I ever remember is what the jersey looked like and how many dope tests they failed. But I have to admit I have been following the Sky signings saga with a little more than a passing interest. Now I don't know if this is due to it being touted as a British team, or because of my wearyness that soon all bike races will disappear up the dish or indeed because I'm excited by their anti doping policy, but what ever the reason I've been trawling the web for news on regularly sad and obsessive basis. Of course my excitement could well fade as we find out what make of bike they will ride and what the jersey will look like, but so far so good.

I have mused about riders being linked to Sky and then turning up in other squads. Why could this possibly be, could rumours on the web all be bollocks? Could journalists guesses be wrong? Is the money on offer just too much? Did Sky's request to see all blood passport data, other tests results etc. put some riders off?

And talking of being put off....

Vuelta, Vuelta, Vuelta, Fridge, Fridge, Fridge

Over in Spain fridge manufacturers report a surge in demand as the public, inspired by the fine Work of Alejandro Valverde, rush out to buy the product he has so famously endorsed.

Sadly poor Alexandre Vinokourov drops out sighting fatigue as the cause. How sad, if only there was a product available that would help combat fatigue, maybe something he could keep in a fridge to stop it going off.
And so to Basso, who has stopped thinking about doping..............


.

No comments: